Introducing the HOKA x XTERRA Torrent trail running shoe. Designed and built with the collaboration of world class HOKA trail athletes, the Torrent boasts competitive credentials. Created as a trail racer, it incorporates the seemingly contradictory combination of cushioning and agility. The lightweight performance is made possible with a PROFLY midsole, providing forgiving landing and responsive toe-off.
- PROFLY™ midsole for a cushioned landing and propulsive toe-off
- Strategic hi-abrasion rubber zones for lightweight durability
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
- 100% Vegan
Benefits & Specs
- Stability: Neutral
- Cushion: Responsive
- Heel-toe Drop: 5mm
- Weight (size 9): 9oz
- Style Number: XTHUS001
- Quick responsive trail shoeJust ordered Xterra color, but providing review because the Torrent was my favorite trail shoe in 2018. Cushioned enough to be a fast trainer, but light enough to be a solid racer. I raced a technical 50k in Colorado the Dirty 30 and the Moab Trail Marathon in this shoe, great performance and grip on many surfaces. I ran in the first Hoka road/trail shoes, then have been more selective. The Torrent brought me back to their line. You can find a slightly lighter trail shoe for short distances, but for a one shoe to do it all, this is the one.6 of 7 people found this helpful
- Trail Running Perfection - Grip, grip, gripHoka and Xterra nailed it -- the perfect trail running shoe. Super grippy even on wet rocks, drains well during those creek crossings, and the laces stay tied. The soles are cushioned nicely to protect feet on long, rough runs and the fit is perfect. Super happy with my Xterra Torrents.4 of 4 people found this helpful
- Great shoes!Love these shoes, light, very comfortable, fit perfectly!2 of 2 people found this helpful
- Great Customer ServiceI bought this for my husband. The shoe was a regular fit and he is a wide but he loved the design and gave it a try. They did not fit so we needed to return them. Customer Service was incredibly fast and friendly on helping. We will definitely shop again on Xterra for some other items as we like some of the running tops and shorts.2 of 2 people found this helpful
- Xterra Torrant shoes are excellent for trail and running on the road!Xterra Torrant shoes are excellent for trail and running on the road!1 of 1 people found this helpful
- Above AverageRan a 1/2 marathon trail run this past weekend in these shoes. They are stable and have great grip. Also, the sizing is spot on. The only issue is there is NO arch support. If you need arch support, you will need to put some type of insert into these shoes.1 of 1 people found this helpful
- great hiking & trail running shoeI've only worn these shoes 3 times so far. On two mountain hikes and trail running. They fit perfectly. I went with the size guide. They are very breathable and have great grip for climbing rocks and I even was walking through some icy areas and didn't slip at all. They were great during my trail running through lots of roots and branches, No complaints. Very happy so far!
- GREAT TRAIL SHOESSo these are great. Not too soft, not too firm. Right in the middle, I have the speedgoat mid and they where great also, these are just a kittle firmer. Great breathability and water shedding. So far so good. True too size also.
- too bigPlease Note - this is a unisex shoe so use the size guide to find your correct size. I ordered this shoe way too big and had to return. Total bummer.
- Great product!!!Is a great product, great for the trail running, no pain in the legs due to the impact!!!