Introducing the HOKA x XTERRA Torrent trail running shoe. Designed and built with the collaboration of world class HOKA trail athletes, the Torrent boasts competitive credentials. Created as a trail racer, it incorporates the seemingly contradictory combination of cushioning and agility. The lightweight performance is made possible with a PROFLY midsole, providing forgiving landing and responsive toe-off.
- PROFLY™ midsole for a cushioned landing and propulsive toe-off
- Strategic hi-abrasion rubber zones for lightweight durability
- Multidirectional lugs for supreme grip on varied terrain
- 100% Vegan
Benefits & Specs
- Stability: Neutral
- Cushion: Responsive
- Heel-toe Drop: 5mm
- Weight (size 9): 9oz
- Style Number: XTHUS001
- Quick responsive trail shoeJust ordered Xterra color, but providing review because the Torrent was my favorite trail shoe in 2018. Cushioned enough to be a fast trainer, but light enough to be a solid racer. I raced a technical 50k in Colorado the Dirty 30 and the Moab Trail Marathon in this shoe, great performance and grip on many surfaces. I ran in the first Hoka road/trail shoes, then have been more selective. The Torrent brought me back to their line. You can find a slightly lighter trail shoe for short distances, but for a one shoe to do it all, this is the one.6 of 7 people found this helpful
- Trail Running Perfection - Grip, grip, gripHoka and Xterra nailed it -- the perfect trail running shoe. Super grippy even on wet rocks, drains well during those creek crossings, and the laces stay tied. The soles are cushioned nicely to protect feet on long, rough runs and the fit is perfect. Super happy with my Xterra Torrents.4 of 4 people found this helpful
- Great shoes!Love these shoes, light, very comfortable, fit perfectly!2 of 2 people found this helpful
- Great Customer ServiceI bought this for my husband. The shoe was a regular fit and he is a wide but he loved the design and gave it a try. They did not fit so we needed to return them. Customer Service was incredibly fast and friendly on helping. We will definitely shop again on Xterra for some other items as we like some of the running tops and shorts.2 of 2 people found this helpful
- Xterra Torrant shoes are excellent for trail and running on the road!Xterra Torrant shoes are excellent for trail and running on the road!1 of 1 people found this helpful
- Above AverageRan a 1/2 marathon trail run this past weekend in these shoes. They are stable and have great grip. Also, the sizing is spot on. The only issue is there is NO arch support. If you need arch support, you will need to put some type of insert into these shoes.1 of 1 people found this helpful
- A little narrower than most Hoka's .,BUT LOVE THEM HOKA'SI'M OLD, NOT A RUNNER, HOWEVER THESE SHOES ARE GREAT TO WALK IN !
- Sorry to be so critical.First, I love my other HOKA's, and when first putting these on I was happy with the sleek good looks. BUT, after a couple of trail runs in these, I can see these are not the HOKA's I have come to love. I felt every rock, and the stability was a less than expected. A couple of short mountain hikes gave some nice grip, but still, my feet were sore from the rocky terrain. Yesterday, I went for a short run and thought I had a rock jabbing me in foot.... pulled off the shoe and found a small sharp piece of stick clear through the bottom sole, literally about a 3/4 inch stick. I pulled it out, and now have a hole in the bottom. (Less than two weeks into wearing them) The other HOKA's I have-have the VIBRAM bottoms and I wore them for over a year with brilliant wear and tear, and never a stick through the sole. Wish I could give a better review, because they look great- but even my Cascadia trail shoes never had this happen. Please improve the sole so we can both feel better about this purchase next time. In the meantime, I will probably purchase the other style of HOKA's I had last time, and save these for impressing the sedentary......
- Great tractionMy coach told me about them. Great for running trails. The traction is amazing, it feels like my feet have claws, great grip and I feel safe running up rocks or down hills. I HIGHLY recommend them. I should have got 2 pairs.
- A little narrower than most Hoka's .The fit is good, comfortable Hoka's !